Tuesday 1 March 2016

Mend: Leather Jacket

I love my leather jacket - I've had it several years now, and it's gotten to that stage where the leather is properly soft and supple.

Unfortunately, constant wear has taken its toll elsewhere too, so occasionally I need to do some repairs.

One of the pockets had a hole in it that had become so big, that my possessions were escaping through the lining into the interior of the jacket itself. I pulled the picket inside out and sewed up the two sides of the seam.


The buttons take a lot of wear and tear, but sewing them back on is more challenging than on normal clothes - due to the thickness of the leather, having one button on the front doesn't work. You have to have one on the back as well, twinned with the front one.


Above are the small buttons from the reverse, and below are the ones on the front. All fixed up and ready to wear!




No comments:

Post a Comment