Thursday 14 August 2014

Finished: Holiday Cross-Stitch

I've not been very well this week, which has made me very fed-up and miserable. However, it has at least given me extra time to work on the holiday cross-stitch... And so it's now finished!



After finishing all the stitching, I washed it in lukewarm water & fairy liquid, then dried it flat in the airing cupboard overnight. Once dry, I put it stitching-side down on a towel and ironed it on a medium heat, to remove any creases.

Et voila!

The original pattern had the word "Welcome" written across it, but it changed this to "la plage" meaning "the beach" in French, as I did a lot of the final stitching in St Jean de Luz on the French Atlantic coast. Also, I always initial my finished cross-stitch pieces, hence the SEG in the bottom left corner.

Now I just need to find a suitable frame for it, and then find it a home on the bathroom wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment