Sunday 14 September 2014

Make: Ruffle Scarf

It was my mum's birthday this week and I wanted to make something for her, to go with some diamond sparklies from me & the other Grenham siblings.

I grew up in Mansfield, using a haberdashery called Sally Twinkle. I recently found out they had a new website and when I went on to browse, I inevitably ended up buying things! Among my purchases, some turquoise mix Four Seasons Gründl Butterfly Color yarn.


I took it on the train up to Newcastle for the Great North Run last weekend, with some size 6 needles. The yarn is special - it is a webbed yarn. You knit it by picking up the edge loops in the web, in the bottom of this picture. The rest of the width of the web forms the ruffles.

 
These types of yarns always come with instructions, though of varying quality. Mine were translated from German and not entirely clear - but fortunately I've made one before, so that wasn't too much of a problem for me. For anyone without that experience though, I'd suggest some YouTube tutorials first!
 
About an hour of knitting on the train, then maybe two that evening and... ta-da!
 
 
 
And the extra good news is... my mum loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment