Sunday 4 January 2015

2015 - A Happy New Year

My New Year's Resolution from 2014 was to finish all the half-started projects that I had lurking around my house. As is evidenced in this blog, I have managed to finish some projects - I've now got several dresses back in my wardrobe and ready to wear again, others that now fit me a lot better and my mending pile is a mite smaller. So those are some successes!

I've also started and finished several new projects, mostly blankets. I've taught myself to crochet and made a giant granny square blanket and also an epic patchwork Tetris blanket. I've made things for me, as well as presents for others.

That said, I've still got a way to go when it comes to projects to finish. University posters, photo books, a few more dresses, a few more blankets. A half knitted bias-knit jumper. An owl door-stop. Four balls of sparkly cream wool destined for a shrug.

So while these will give me something to "get my teeth into" in 2015, my actual NY resolution is less of a "make" and more of a "bake" - I'm going to learn how to make a selection of delicious puddings! I've never made cheesecake from scratch before, so I think that'll be my first one...

Of course, this won't stop my conventional making, mending and amending - but will help to expand my creative repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment