Wednesday 21 January 2015

Make: Table Runner

I had some rainbow yarn left over from my Rainbow Gauntlets, but not quite enough for a real project. I searched online for some more of the same YarnArt "Dancing Baby", and managed to find some being sold in Turkey (I love the Internet!)

However, when it turned up, it was of a much poorer quality than the original yarn, especially the dye quality, so I couldn't really mix the two as planned.


I crocheted it up into five big squares anyway, and decided that the slightly chunkier yarn would be quite heatproof, so I decided to make them into a table runner.


I joined them using the Flat Zipper method described here. This method was not the fastest way to join crochet squares but I quite like the effect!


Now I just need a dining table to put it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment