Friday 18 December 2015

Make: Christmas

The Boyf and I finally got round to getting a bit festive last weekend - we cracked out the carols, put up some twinkly illuminations and found the address book, before sitting down to start some Christmas cards.

We were inadvertently delayed by my discovery of a Make You Own card set that I received from Santa last year. It promised me that all I needed was "imagination" so I thought it would be a fun and speedy job.


Alas, I also needed glue, which meant things got a bit messier and therefore time-consuming than anticipated... Two hours later and the side was covered in little bits of card, sequins and glue, all held together by clothes pegs.

Next day though, when everything had dried satisfactorily... Ta-da!


I also decided to fill the house with Christmassy smells. Since we have no tree to make the place smell of inviting pine, I went for gingerbread!

I have never made gingerbread before, but I found a recipe on the BBC website that seemed relatively simple - and we had all the ingredients in that I'd need too, which is handy when I'm still a bit crippled (sprained ankle).

The recipe said that it made 20 gingerbread men, but it turned out to make many more than that in other shapes! First up, some daintily decorated snowflake patterns...


Next, an army of melting snowmen! The unfortunate thing about this design is that marshmallow packets all seem to come in both white and pink - you can only use the white ones, so the pink ones just went to waste... True story? Tummy says nope.


Can you see the completely evil one? He's quite sinister...

And finally, this is only really Christmassy in that it was given as a present. Tetris biscuits!


And of course, it matches. I'm no amateur.



No comments:

Post a Comment