Tuesday 7 July 2015

Amend: Party Flats

A few years ago, I bought some foldable flat shoes from Camden Lock Market for £10. They are ideal for slipping into a handbag when going out clubbing for an evening, to provide some relief from the inevitable sky-high heel pain.

They only came in Small (2-3), Medium (4-5) and Large (6-7), so if you're an even-numbered shoe size (I'm a 6) then they end up a little bit too large - which has been exacerbated over time. It has taken me long enough to actually do this, but I finally got round to attaching some elastic to the sides while sitting on a train to a friend's hen-do.


Just a few stitches hand-sewn on either side seemed to do the job. I also oversewed the ends of the elastic, to help prevent fraying.


And here they are, ready to rock and roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment