Sunday 12 July 2015

Tetris Blanket is famous!

In 2014, I spent nine months making my Tetris Blanket - a richly rewarded labour of love.

Well now, the Tetris blanket has its own film!!

...

Okay, so that might be a bit of an overstatement. But it does feature on a real-life purchaseable DVD!

Back in January, a group of us went to see a "maths- and science-based stand-up comedy show" at the Bloomsbury Theatre: a trio called Festival of the Spoken Nerd presenting Full Frontal Nerdity.

At the interval, they asked people to Tweet the "nerdiest thing you've done in London" - so I sent them a picture of the Tetris Blanket.

After the interval, they showed some of the Tweets... including my blanket! Which got a very satisfying "ooooooooh" from the whole theatre of over 500 people :) Such a proud moment!

While I receive no royalties for my "ooooooooh", if you like nerdy science then I recommend the DVD - you can get a copy for, like, £5 from their shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment